Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My trip to Botswana!!


In January 2011 I will be going to Botswana, Africa. I will be serving there for around 4 months and return in May. Last January I was able to take a trip to Botswana for 2 weeks through Unions GO trips, and will be returning to do the same work.  I will be going through the IMB, working with Hands On. This is a semester long project where they send college aged students overseas to get hands on experience on the mission field. 
            While in Botswana I will be working with the students at the University of Botswana. It is a university in the city of Gaborone, where hundreds of students attend from all over the country. The missionaries I will be working with work as the campus ministers here. They go on campus daily, ministering to them and discipling those that are already Christians. They have a weekly event at a place called “the center” where students are invited to come and hangout, and then present the Gospel to them. There are a handful of students that are already believers that help with this event as well as spreading the word on campus.
            I have been given the opportunity to go over and work alongside these students to spread the Gospel at their school. I would be given the chance to take the role of a mentor for the ones that are growing their faith. I will be going on campus daily doing a number of things. Some days would consist of me discipling new believers. Other days I would simply walk around evangelizing to students on campus while prayer walking. While the students at this university would be my primary focus for the semester, I will also be traveling to surrounding villages to do ministry.
            There have been several obstacles along the way, yet I have seen the Lord faithfully triumph over every single one. Therefore I am confident that He is in the process of providing a way for me to get there. This is an awesome opportunity that the Lord alone has provided me with.
            This blog is a chance for me to update people on the trip and share what the Lord is doing during this time. I am at the point in the process where it is mostly preparation. Raising money, paper work, insurance details, etc. This will give me the chance to keep people up to date on the process as well as the trip. If you feel led to give financially that is always needed. There is a link on the page that you can go to in order to do so. Otherwise, I am asking for prayers right now; prayer in the preparation process and well as provision (which I have utter confidence will happen). Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment